Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology
This Department had a humble beginning, from the very inception of the College in 1946, as part of the Natural Science Department. It offered an Intermediate course initially. In the year 1951-1952 a two-year B.Sc. Botany course was introduced. The staff strength was one Professor, one Lecturer and one Demonstrator. During 1957-1958, a 3-year B.Sc. Degree course in Botany with Zoology as ancillary subject was offered. In 1969-1970, the Department was shifted to the new and the present Life Sciences Block which was built with a partial grant from the U.G.C.
In 1971-1972 the Natural Science Department was bifurcated to full fledged Botany and Zoology Departments.
The Department offers B.Sc (Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology)
Email: [email protected]