The Department of Philosophy had its origin in the introduction of Logic as a subject in the intermediate course in the year 1946. The Department functioned as a part of the Department of History. Prof. S. Rajagopala Sastri was in charge of Logic. Later the Department came into full swing in 1952 when Prof. P. Sankara Narayanan, headed the Department. The names of the Heads of the Department and those of the other members of the faculty from the inception of the Department are given below.
The Department offers B.A (Philosophy), M.A (Philosophy) courses and research programmes leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Philosophy.
Email: [email protected]