The College is famed for producing finest sport persons in both National and International level in the past and present. The Department of Physical Education takes pride in effectively nurturing the sports talent in the students. Interest is inculcated in the young minds to take active part in sports activities at the University, Inter-University, National, International levels. Besides, Intramural sports are conducted to promote confidence, attitudinal expansion and personality development in the students. The Department provides all the requisite facilities to sportsmen for their training.
The College sports teams participate in several inter-collegiate and University tournaments. The Department conducts team selection at the beginning of every academic year and provide adequate training before the tournaments. It also conducts the Annual Sports Day and organizes functions to honour the students selected in National and International teams.
The holistic aim of the Physical Education is to inculcate in the students
- Physical Development
- Mental Development
- Social Development
- Spiritual Development
Students are trained in the following major games: Basketball, Boxing, Ball Badminton, Cricket, Football, Judo, Hockey, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Rowing, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Weight Lifting
Excellent training is provided in the following minor games: Relay games, Lead up games, Circle games, Tag games.
Training is provided to the students in the following Indoor games: Badminton, Chess, Carom, Table Tennis.
- All the students and staff of the College shall be ipso facto members of the Athletic Association.
- The activities of the association shall be managed by the Sports Committee consisting of the Principal and members. The College Physical Director is the ex-officio Secretary of the Association.
- Facilities for the major games like Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey etc are provided by the Association.
- The Associations arranges inter-class and inter-group tournaments within the College. It also participates in the various tournaments organized by external agencies and educational institutions.
- A ‘sports meet’ is held every year in which both the present and the past students of the College participate.
ACHIEVEMENTS FOR THE YEAR :