The Department of Physical Education coordinates with other departments of the college in nurturing the sports talent in the students. Interest is inculcated in the young minds to participate in sports activities at the University, Inter-University, National, International levels and certificates and medals are given to winners. Besides, Intramural are conducted to promote confidence, attitudinal expansion and personality development among the students. The Department provides all the required facilities to sportsmen to enable them to bring glory and laurels to the College. The students of this college excel in both academics and sports.
The College sports teams participate in several inter-collegiate and University tournaments. The Department conducts team selection at the beginning of every academic year and provide required training before the tournaments. It also conducts the Annual Sports Day and organizes functions to honour the students selected in National and International teams.
Physical Education aims at:
- Physical Development
- Mental Development
- Social Development
- Spiritual Development
Students are trained in the following major games: Basketball, Boxing, Ball Badminton, Cricket, Football, Judo, Hockey, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Rowing, Shooting, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Weight Lifting.
Excellent training is provided in the following minor games: Relay games, Lead up games, Circle games, Tag games.
Training is provided to the students in the following Indoor games: Badminton, Chess, Carom, Table Tennis.
- All the students and staff of the College shall be ipso facto members of the Athletic Association.
- The activities of the association shall be managed by the Sports Committee consisting of the Principal and members. The College Physical Director is the ex-officio Secretary of the Association.
- Facilities for the major games like Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey etc are provided by the Association.
- The Associations arranges inter-class and inter-group tournaments within the College. It also participates in the various tournaments organized by outside agencies and educational institutions.
- A Sports Meet is held every year in which both the present and the old students of the College participate.
ACHIEVEMENTS FOR THE YEAR :
Physical Director: Dr. A. Sellaperumal